Literally – Check it Out!
By: | 10/01/2018
Did you know that our administration building houses a huge library of horticulture books? These books are free for members to check out. Here is a list of recommended reads by our wonderful and dedicated volunteer, Janet Davis.
Book Name – Author – IBG Library Reference Number
- The daylily – John Plat – 635.9343
- The foliage garden: creating beauty beyond blooms – Angela Overy – 635.975
- Planting green roofs and living walls – Nigel Dunnett – 635.9671
- Gardening for a lifetime: how to garden wiser as you grow older – Sydney Eddison- 635
- Reflecting nature: garden designs from wild landscapes – Jerome Malitz – 719
- Natural landscaping: gardening with nature to create a backyard paradise – Sally Roth- 712.6
- Serene gardens: creating Japanese design and detail in the western garden – Yoko Kawaguchi – 712.6
- Designing borders – Noel Kingsbury – 635.963
- The natural habitat garden – Ken Druse – 635.951
- Outside the not so big house – Julie Messervy – 712.6
- Beyond the lawn: unique outdoor spaces for modern living – Keith Davitt – 635.9
- Planting design: gardens in time and space – Piet Oudolf – 712
- Designing with grasses – Neil Lucas – 716
- Herbs in bloom: a guide to growing herbs as ornamental plants – JoAnn Gardner – 646.7
- Water-wise gardening – Thomas Christopher – 635.917
There is a large collection of children’s books related to gardening. Two new ones are classic: Inch by inch by Leo Lionni and Leaflets three, let it be! by Anita Sanchez – J581.6.