The Idaho Botanical Garden (IBG) accepts volunteers completing court-ordered community service and alternative sentencing. If you are assigned to IBG, please fill out the application below to sign up for community service. Thank you for your interest in serving at IBG!
You must sign up at least 48 hours before the date you want to volunteer.
COMMUNITY SERVICE TASKS & CONDITIONS
Tasks are outdoors and cover all range of event operations and set-up: site rental set up, winter lighting display installation, fall harvest festival set up (prior to the event), weekly concert series set up (day operations) and more.
Community Service Intake Form
COMMUNITY SERVICE VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
- Show up on time for all scheduled shifts
- Sign in and out immediately upon entering and leaving the Garden
- Notify the Event Operations Manager (Gillian Bovard) if you cannot attend your scheduled shift, and remove yourself from the schedule, within 24 hours
- Exhibit conduct that is polite and professional; treating all IBG employees, volunteers and visitors with courtesy and respect (no foul language, bad attitudes)
- Adhere to the dress code (below)
- Limit phone time to provided breaks only
- Limit smoking to the smoking area behind Maintenance Shop, and only during provided breaks
- No planned visits from friends, family etc.
- No use of earbuds; we request this so that you are fully present during your service
- Community Service Volunteers are under no circumstances to work alone (without direct supervision) with East Boise Community Re-Entry Center inmates, who also work on-site
- Please dress for the weather as we work outside in all conditions (raincoat, rainboots, snowshoes, etc.)
- You must bring closed toed shoes; sturdy, waterproof boots or lace-up tennis shoes are required
- Durable pants and layers to stay warm (no torn clothing or sweatpants)
- Please wear a plain t-shirt or long-sleeved shirt
- Please bring durable, work gloves (leather or rubberized) if you have them. Used gloves will be available if you do not have your own
A 15-minute break will be provided every 3 hours. A 30-minute lunch break will be provided at 12:00 pm, which will be withdrawn from your assigned hours. Please limit phone usage, smoking etc. to these breaks.
WHAT TO BRING
A water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, a hat, and lunch (if you are staying for 6 hours). Please bring gloves as directed above if you have them, and clothes that adhere to the dress code.
IBG Community Service Login:
CLICK HERE FOR OUR COMMUNITY SERVICE LOGIN +
Note: You must have filled out the Community Service application (above) and be accepted in order for your login to be activated. Once accepted, you will be able to view and sign up for Community Service openings in the My Schedule tab.