The Idaho Botanical Garden is pleased to offer our Photographer Membership for professional and amateur photographers. This special membership provides benefits created specifically for photographers and is good for one calendar year.
A $75 Photographer Membership pays for itself!
Commercial photographers are required to purchase a $75 permit for each Garden photo session. This ensures the right to sell photos of the Garden. With the Photographer Membership, you pay only an annual membership fee of $75! Shoot in the Garden more than once and that’s like getting free photo sessions!
Photographer Membership benefits include:
- One-year admission to the Garden and photo shooting during Garden hours (excluding special events).
- Free admission for up to 5 associated individuals. Groups with more than 5 individuals will be charged a group fee of $2 for each additional person.
- Early morning access to the Garden on weekdays during the months of June, July and August.
- Full rights to sell your Idaho Botanical Garden photos.
- A link to your web site in our Photographer Member Index
Additional membership benefits include:
- Discounted fees for most special events.
- Invitations to members-only events.
- Discounted registration fees on education classes, workshops & lectures.
- Subscription to the IBG Newsletter, “Garden Thymes”.
- Reciprocal admission to other participating gardens throughout the U.S.
- 10% discount in the Garden Store.
- Access to our Garden Office Library to check out books and magazines on plants and gardening.
Scheduling Photo Shoots:
Please contact the Garden at least one full week prior to photo shoots taking place outside of regular Garden hours. The Garden reserves the right to deny commercial photography shoots during public and private events. Notifying the Garden in advance of photo shoots taking place during regular Garden hours is appreciated.
Photographer Membership is not transferable. Specific Photographer Member benefits are for Photographer Members only.
Photography Guidelines apply to Photographer Members at all times.
- Participants must come fully dressed and made up, as we do not have facilities to change or prepare for a photo shoot.
- We ask that you be respectful when sharing the Garden with others.
- Photography sessions are not exclusive when the Garden is open to the public.
- Photographer and clients (up to 5/shoot) must pay member admission during Garden events.
- The Idaho Botanical Garden is a private, not-for-profit organization supported solely by gate admission, memberships, events, and donations. We ask you to honor our policies when using any part of our property. Those who do not comply will be asked to leave without a refund of fee. Our commitment is to protect the aesthetics, beauty, and delicate nature of our Garden.
Click Here for a printable brochure about the Photographer Membership. Or, click here for an application. Contact the Garden at 343-8649 or send payment by mail to join or renew your Photographer Membership today!
Using Garden Photos on Merchandise and Marketing
Commercial photography with the intent to sell Garden photos on merchandise or for marketing requires a Photographer Membership fee of $75 and pre-approval of photo sessions. Merchandise and Marketing must be credited as the Idaho Botanical Garden.
Photo Shoots & Filming
Ad agencies, television stations, and other commercial entities who wish to shoot at the Garden are required to submit a written proposal to the Garden. Proposals are considered on a case-by-case basis and rates are determined based on the scope of the shoot. Accepted proposals require a signed agreement and payment by credit card prior to the shoot.
For more information and availability, please contact the Garden at (208) 343-8649.
Conducting Photography Classes
Current Garden Photographer Members are allowed to conduct photography workshops and receive a group rate for workshop participants with pre-approval. Call the Garden at (208) 343-8649 to coordinate any class proposals.