Is it the wonder on your children’s or grandchildren’s faces as they discover the children’s adventure garden? Or is it the way you are transported to the past as you follow the horticultural trail of the Lewis & Clark trail? Perhaps it is a moment of tranquility in the meditation garden – or a moment of laughter in our whimsical and abundant vegetable garden. Whatever makes Idaho Botanical Garden your garden, please know that it’s all made possible through the generosity of friends like you.
The garden is grateful for every contribution and invites you to give in a way that is most meaningful to you.
- By supporting the general fund, you touch all components of the Garden, horticultural displays, educational outreach, environmental programs and community events.
- Enjoy the benefits of membership, which increase as your gift increases. Become a Member »
- Give the Gift of a Membership. Give friends and loved ones a gift they can enjoy throughout the year. Learn More »
- Help Grow the Garden’s Education Program.
- Consider making a gift in memory loved one or in honor of a special occasion. Learn More »
- Make plans to give to the Garden beyond your lifetime. Learn More »
Support the Garden While You Shop!
Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card to the Idaho Botanical Garden and your points support us! Simply visit their website to link up your rewards card number and use our NPO number of 90550.
Shop AmazonSmile, connect your purchases to the Idaho Botanical Garden and Amazon will make a donation to the Garden!
Every year our Education Programs reaches more than 11,000 youth, seniors, Garden members and gardening enthusiasts. The Adult Education program offers an array of informative lectures, crafts, workshops, wellness classes designed to engage adults of all interests, backgrounds and levels of knowledge.
The Youth Education program participants learn about the natural world through guided walks, crafts and encounters with living plants, animals and bugs.
But we have new, exciting programs planned for next year, please help us create:
- Twice monthly “Sprouts”, where parents and their youngsters can participate in a story, craft and garden exploration.
- New school tours to aid area teachers in their instruction of biology and Idaho history.
- Teacher Training Workshops that help teachers enhance and develop their own environmental education program.
Your support will help us to educate children about connecting with nature and the environment.
Idaho Education Tax Credit
Take advantage of the Idaho Education Tax Credit
The state of Idaho provides an income tax credit to taxpayers who give to schools or educational organizations through the Idaho Education Tax Credit. Through December 31, 2015,* your gift to the Idaho Botanical Garden could net you up to $500 in tax credit on your next tax return. Visit Idaho’s Legislature website for More Information »
* Idaho Statute 63-3029A
Here’s how it will work:
1. You make a gift to the Idaho Botanical Garden.
2. The state provides a tax credit worth 50 percent of the gift, with a maximum of $1000 for married couples filing jointly or $500 for single filers. So, joint filers would receive the $500 maximum credit for a $1000 gift, $250 for a $500 gift, and so on. Single filers would receive the $250 maximum credit for a $500 gift, $125 for a $250 gift, and so on.
3. You also are eligible for charitable income tax deductions on both your federal and state tax returns, making your out-of-pocket expense even lower.
4. The Idaho Botanical Garden uses your generous donation to enhance the education programs for our students, continuing our mission to cultivate a natural resource in this community.
Here is an example of how a $1000 gift would break down for a married couple in the 25 percent federal tax bracket (for 2009, this bracket included those who made between $67,901 and $137,050 of taxable income) and the 7.8 percent Idaho income tax bracket.
Total gift to Idaho Botanical Garden: $1000
Idaho state tax credit: $500
Federal tax deduction: $250
Idaho tax deduction: $78
Out-of-pocket expense for gift: About $172
This is a wonderful way for members and friends of the Idaho Botanical Garden to donate to the Garden while maximizing the tax advantages. Each and every contribution assists the Garden in delivering the finest possible education to new students every year. To make a gift, call the Idaho Botanical Garden administrative office at (208) 343-8649. You can also give a gift online by clicking on the button below.
Please consult your tax advisor for complete details.
When you contribute to the Idaho Botanical Garden be sure to check with your employer about matching gifts. Many local companies match up to a certain amount or percentage of monetary gifts that their employees make to non-profit organizations. Below is a list of local and national organizations that have matching gift policies. If your company does matching gifts and is not listed below, please contact Jennifer Dunmire at Jennifer@idahobotanicalgarden.org to have them added to our list.
- Hewlett Packard
- Key Bank
- US Bank
- Ada County Assoc. of Realtors
- Home Depot
- Regence Blue Shield
- Wrigley Co.
- Intermountain Gas
- Assurant Health
- BP Fabric of America
- Johnson & Johnson
- Home Depot
In-Kind Donations and Garden Wish List
In-kind gifts of goods and services help support our horticulture, education and research efforts and may provide you with a charitable gift deduction.
Garden Wish List
Help us maintain the Garden by donating some much needed tools and equipment!
- empty, glass baby food jars
- computer towers and monitors
- Countertop microwave For Shop/Horticulture Staff
- Fully functioning Skid Steer (With attachments if possible) to replace our aging small farm tractor
- A small pick-up truck (that will pass smog) to be used both on and off the Garden property
- Used Commercial Mowing equipment that is still in good operational condition
- Lawn tractor utility trailer or wagon
- Arborist Climbing gear in good, non-damaged condition (Saddles, rope, flip-lines, etc)
- Salvaged Lumber for various construction projects in the garden (2×4, 2×6, 4×4, 4×6, etc…)
- Working Garden Shop heater – Electric preferred but Propane is fine.
- Working Shop Fan (24-30”, multi-speed is beneficial).
- Blade Sharpener (for lawnmower blades).
- Working 4” angle grinder.
- Old Wagons and/utility carts.
- Shop tools (Screwdriver, pliers, side cutters, Dikes, wrenches, etc…).
- Organizing bins for a shop.
- ceramic pots at least 14” in diameter and larger, still in fair to good condition and not broken or cracked. These will be used specifically for our Summer Succulent pad.
Call the Garden at 343-8649 or visit us to donate goods or services.