The Garden provides enriching garden experiences through educational programs, botanical collections, a variety of entertainment, cultural and community events. It is also a refreshing and inspiring year-round outdoor destination for local residents and out-of-town visitors.
Nestled at the base of the Boise Foothills, the Idaho Botanical Garden offers a beautiful location to host weddings, celebrate birthdays and hold private events. Each year, the Garden invites the community to a variety of events that highlight the Garden through music, art, and seasonal celebrations.
Seasonal and permanent positions are always changing and updated regularly. Check back regularly for opportunities to become a part of the team that helps to make, and keep, the Garden such a special part of our community.
Site Rental and Event Coordinator
Job Title: Site Rental and Event Coordinator
Supervisor: Event Director
Employee Status: Non-exempt, permanent, part-time
Pay Rate: $7.50-14.00
Assigned Work Location: Admin Office and IBG Grounds
The Event Coordinator has a supportive role in the implementation and oversight of private and public events at the Idaho Botanical Garden, while ensuring the visitor has a safe, positive, and memorable experience. S/he is expected to understand all of the components of an event, and is responsible for communicating with clients and staff members, managing volunteers, onsite vendors, facilitating organization of logistics and activity areas. S/he must always present a positive and professional demeanor with guests, volunteers, and fellow staff members, especially while problem solving.
Areas of Responsibility/Essential Duties:
- Confirm upcoming event details with participants, performers, and vendors
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal signage, production schedules, layout maps, event programs and on-site signage
- Oversee Event Operation Manager in setup and teardown of events including but not limited to Great Garden Escape concerts, Bug Day, Fall Harvest Festival, Outlaw Field Concert Series, and Winter Garden aGlow
- Emcee Great Garden Escapes when necessary and/or work with scheduled guest emcees
- Act as lead and point of contact on-site during various public events
- Support and supervise event volunteers and have an understanding of volunteer job positions
- Act as point of contact with assigned private event clients and associated vendors
- Verify details of the private event with Site Rental Manager
- Attend walkthroughs, wedding rehearsals and private events while ensuring a positive experience for all involved
- Oversee setup and teardown of private events
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both speaking and written
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to understand and apply event procedures and Garden policies
- Comfortable working with a variety of individuals, of all ages, including garden staff, volunteers, and customers
- Ability to supervise volunteers
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and delegate with the entire event in mind
- Ability to work in various weather conditions such as heat, cold, snow, or rain for long periods of time
- Ability to be on one’s feet and walk throughout the Garden, sometimes on uneven surfaces
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays; ability to have flexible hours based on event needs
Education and Experience
- 1-3 year event planning experience preferred
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job: The employee must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 20 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Ability excellent dexterity and fine motor skills, required for working with hands for long periods of time. Ability to work in various weather conditions such as cold, snow, or rain. Ability to be on one’s feet and walk throughout the Garden, sometimes on uneven surfaces.
It is understood that this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the Event Coordinator within this job, but this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email cover letter and resumes to email@example.com by March 24, 2017.