The Garden provides enriching garden experiences through educational programs, botanical collections, a variety of entertainment, cultural and community events. It is also a refreshing and inspiring year-round outdoor destination for local residents and out-of-town visitors.
Nestled at the base of the Boise Foothills, the Idaho Botanical Garden offers a beautiful location to host weddings, celebrate birthdays and hold private events. Each year, the Garden invites the community to a variety of events that highlight the Garden through music, art, and seasonal celebrations.
Seasonal and permanent positions are always changing and updated regularly. Check back regularly for opportunities to become a part of the team that helps to make, and keep, the Garden such a special part of our community.
Winter Garden aGlow Event Coordinator
Job Title: Winter Garden aGlow Event Coordinator
Supervisor: Event Director
Employee Status: Non-exempt, temporary, part-time
Assigned Work Location: Admin Office and IBG Grounds
The WGA Event Coordinator has a supportive role in the implementation and oversight of the Winter Garden aGlow event at the Idaho Botanical Garden, while ensuring the visitor has a safe, positive, and memorable experience. Winter Garden aGlow runs nightly from 6-9 p.m. Thanksgiving through January 1. Coordinator shift is 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. on select nights. S/he is expected to understand all of the components of the event, and is responsible for communicating with clients and staff members, managing volunteers, onsite vendors, facilitating organization of logistics and activity areas. S/he must always present a positive and professional demeanor with guests, volunteers, and fellow staff members, especially while problem solving.
Areas of Responsibility/Essential Duties:
- Confirm upcoming event details with participants, performers, and vendors
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal signage, production schedules, layout maps, event programs and on-site signage
- Act as lead and point of contact on-site
- Support and supervise volunteers and have an understanding of volunteer job positions
- Act as point of contact with assigned private event clients and associated vendors
- Verify details of the private event with Site Rental Director
- Oversee setup and teardown of private events
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both speaking and written
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to understand and apply event procedures and Garden policies
- Comfortable working with a variety of individuals, of all ages, including garden staff, volunteers, and customers
- Ability to supervise volunteers
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and delegate with the entire event in mind
- Ability to work in various weather conditions such as heat, cold, snow, or rain for long periods of time
- Ability to be on one’s feet and walk throughout the Garden, sometimes on uneven surfaces
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays; ability to have flexible hours based on needs
Education and Experience
- 1-3 year event planning experience preferred
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job: The employee must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 20 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Ability excellent dexterity and fine motor skills, required for working with hands for long periods of time. Ability to work in various weather conditions such as cold, snow, or rain. Ability to be on one’s feet and walk throughout the Garden, sometimes on uneven surfaces.
Please send resume and cover letter to Adan David Callsen, Event Director at email@example.com.
Marketing and Communications Director
Department: Marketing and Communications
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employee Status: Non–Exempt, Permanent, Full-time
Pay Rate: $18.00-$25.00
Assigned Work Location: Admin Office
The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for all areas of marketing and communications management at Idaho Botanical Garden. The Marketing and Communications Director works within a team and key leaders to manage marketing and communication plans and implementation from conception to completion. The Marketing and Communications Director will expand the organizations customer and member base, build the brand, grow revenues and increase the organization’s sustainability. This role is responsible for the successful creation, execution, and management of marketing strategies focused on online and email marketing, content management, customer retention/reactivation, public relations, social media, and management of outside contractors to support these efforts.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee annual marketing planning process; develop, and implement strategic marketing plans.
- Establish financial and non-financial goals for IBG marketing initiatives; monitor and report performance of marketing initiatives to staff and board.
- Coordinate content and design of IBG marketing initiatives to ensure IBG branding and communications are integrated and aligned with strategy.
- Create and manage IBG content and foster and engage user-generated content to grow IBG’s presence through social media channels.
- Develop thoughtful, targeted stories and press releases that maintain a favorable image of IBG for its various publics.
- Serve as editor of Thymes Newsletter; ensure features and content of newsletters motivate members to engage in IBG offerings and promote a sense of unity among the IBG community.
- Identify and engage outside contractors (e.g. graphic designers, website developers, videographers, copy editors, etc.) as necessary to implement IBG marketing initiatives; prepare creative briefs that outline IBG promotional aims, brand standards, etc. for outside contractors; ensure outside contractors meet marketing deliverables.
- Design and administer member and visitor surveys; analyze and disseminate that data to IBG staff and board to inform marketing and other service-delivery decisions.
- Maintain IBG marketing, PR, and social media calendars; ensure marketing initiatives adhere to yearly, quarterly, monthly, and weekly media flight schedules.
- Oversee regular maintenance and updates of IBG website; ensure that IBG’s mission and purpose are reflected in the websites’ content, imagery, branding, and navigation.
- Negotiate, purchase, and monitor paid advertising space and airtime on behalf of IBG; ensure effectiveness and audience reach outcomes for all IBG media buys.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and communications management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, creative environment and to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Exceptional organizational and diplomacy skills, decision-making skills and sound judgment
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
- Computer proficiency essential
- Experience developing media strategy and managing media relations
- Demonstrated budget management proficiency
- Experience designing and implementing social media marketing campaigns
- Ability to design and administer visitor and member surveys
- Experience using marketing dashboards
Education and Experience
- BA/BS, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, In-design, or photography a plus
- Certified in Google Analytics
It is understood that this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by Marketing and Communications Director within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20th, 2017. Include Marketing and Communications Director in the subject line.