Membership Sales Associate
The Garden is looking for help in our admissions kiosk! This position will help with the remaining fall hours for the season and will then roll into Winter Garden aGlow admission support. This position will be part-time. If interested, please fill out the employment application found here and return it to either the Garden administration office or email the completed form to email@example.com. A resume is encouraged, but not required, for consideration of this position.
Department: Visitor Services
Job Title: Membership Sales Associate
Supervisor: Visitor Services Coordinator
Employee Status: Non-exempt, Seasonal, P/T
Salary: $7.25-$10/hour DOE
The Membership Sales Associate serves as the first point of contact between the Idaho Botanical Garden and its patrons. As such, it is imperative that the ideal candidate be outgoing, warm, friendly, flexible, dependable, hardworking and display exceptional communication skills. The position is a seasonal position, running March 15th through November 15th with the opportunity for additional hours through the beginning of January. The position requires some holidays be worked with primary hours ranging from 9 a.m. to as late as 8 p.m. on specified evenings. The primary role of the Membership Sales Associate will be processing admissions into the Garden in the admission kiosk and at the admin office front desk while conveying the benefits of Garden membership to each patron. With each customer interaction there is an expectation that the associate will help to further educate Garden patrons on the many benefits of membership. The primary objective of the associate will focus around selling new memberships from the admission kiosk/front desk areas. Additional duties include checking in field trip and tour groups, answering a multi-line phone system and assisting in over the phone ticket sales, answering questions about the Garden and its programs and other miscellaneous office duties, as need arises. At the end of each day, the associate will be responsible for closing down the admission kiosk or front office till, following outlined closing procedures and ensuring balancing accuracy in each daily deposit. Shifts will be split between the admission kiosk and the front desk of the administration office. Additionally, although rare, the associate will have the skills and tools necessary to empower them to mitigate any guest concerns or issues, taking the initiative to make decisions that are in the Garden’s best interest.
Areas of Responsibility:
General Garden Responsibilities:
- Engage each Garden patron, clearly and succinctly conveying the benefits of Garden membership
- Process new memberships acquired from kiosk and front desk in membership database
- An understanding of the workings and locations of the different areas within the Garden to be able to accurately answer customers’ questions, being able to give guidance and instruction
- Maintain a customer service oriented approach at the kiosk area, ensuring a welcoming and inviting atmosphere
- Keep a tidy, organized work area
- Assist in general Garden office operations as needed (answering phones, taking new and renewing membership payments, help with large mailings, taking event ticket orders, etc.)
- Monitor the Garden admission area and collect general admission dues to the Garden while being sure to show the multiple benefits of Garden membership to each patron
- When necessary, assists the education staff by helping create proper signage for education classes, events, special events, weddings, etc.
- Open and close cash drawer accurately, reconciling with the Altru sales system
- Other duties, as assigned
Garden Event Responsibilities:
- Quickly and accurately processing admission payments into the Garden
- Follow event procedures and protocols, adopting a solution-oriented approach at all times
- Work in tandem with Garden event staff to ensure a smooth and seamless patron experience
- Maintain a welcoming, happy demeanor, even during peak times with large crowds and lines
- Responsible for welcoming, training and assisting Garden volunteers
- Ensure a positive interaction with all others in the admissions area
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge and Training:
- Previous cash handling experience
- Ability to learn new programs/systems quickly
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to multitask
- Accuracy in cash handling
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- Ability to train and supervise Garden volunteers
- Valid Idaho Driver’s License and clean driving record
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous customer service/cash handling experience preferred
- Ability to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Ability to work and be comfortable in all types of weather
- Ability to walk across various types of terrain found throughout the Garden
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to proficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
If interested in the position, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.