The Garden provides enriching garden experiences through educational programs, botanical collections, a variety of entertainment, cultural and community events. It is also a refreshing and inspiring year-round outdoor destination for local residents and out-of-town visitors.
Nestled at the base of the Boise Foothills, the Idaho Botanical Garden offers a beautiful location to host weddings, celebrate birthdays and hold private events. Each year, the Garden invites the community to a variety of events that highlight the Garden through music, art, and seasonal celebrations.
Seasonal and permanent positions are always changing and updated regularly. Check back regularly for opportunities to become a part of the team that helps to make, and keep, the Garden such a special part of our community.
Membership Sales Associate
Department: Visitor Services
Job Title: Membership Sales Associate
Supervisor: Visitor Services Manager
Employee Status: Seasonal, Non-exempt, Part-time
Pay Rate: $8.00 and up, DOE
Assigned Work Location: Admin Building/Kiosk
The Membership Sales Associate serves as the first point of contact between the Idaho Botanical Garden and its patrons. The primary role of the Membership Sales Associate will be processing admissions into the Garden in the admission kiosk and at the admin office front desk while conveying the benefits of Garden membership to each patron.
Areas of Responsibility/Essential Duties
- The position is seasonal, running March through December, working hours ranging from 8:30 a.m. to as late as 9:00 p.m. on specified evenings, including weekends and some holidays.
- Opening and closing Admissions Kiosk, accepting guests for daily admission and events, following outlined procedures and ensuring that the Kiosk till balances accurately at the end of each shift.
- Checking in field trip and tour groups.
- Answering a multi-line phone system and assisting in over the phone ticket sales, answering questions about the Garden and its programs
- Support event production as needed (may include computer work, packing tickets, ordering and organizing supplies)
- Support event staff during events as needed (may include interacting with volunteers, taking tickets, directing traffic, equipment set-up)
- Stock marketing areas including event displays, admission kiosks, administration office
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training:
- Positive attitude
- Exceptional customer service skills dealing with a varied and diverse public
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to accept instruction from multiple supervisors
- Basic Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to learn specialized software
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous customer service/cash handling experience preferred
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job: The employee must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
It is understood that this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the Membership Sales Associate within this job, but this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email cover letter and resumes to email@example.com by February 23, 2018.
Employee Name: ______________________________________
Sign: _________________________ _________ Date: ___________