The Garden provides enriching garden experiences through educational programs, botanical collections, a variety of entertainment, cultural and community events. It is also a refreshing and inspiring year-round outdoor destination for local residents and out-of-town visitors.
Nestled at the base of the Boise Foothills, the Idaho Botanical Garden offers a beautiful location to host weddings, celebrate birthdays and hold private events. Each year, the Garden invites the community to a variety of events that highlight the Garden through music, art, and seasonal celebrations.
Seasonal and permanent positions are always changing and updated regularly. Check back regularly for opportunities to become a part of the team that helps to make, and keep, the Garden such a special part of our community.
Job Title: Accounts Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
|Employee Status: Non-exempt, permanent, part-time
Pay Rate: $13.00-19.00
The Accounting Manager is responsible for QuickBooks online financial systems oversight, including reconciliations, audit preparation, and financial reporting for program managers and board of directors. He/She is also responsible for daily bookkeeping tasks at the Idaho Botanical Garden, credit card and cash handling needs, and human resource management.
Areas of Responsibility/Essential Duties
- Daily bookkeeping data entry in QuickBooks, including accounts payable, accounts receivable for review by Executive Director and program managers, maintenance of balance sheet, P&L, and monthly reconciliations.
- Enter ACH and credit card transactions; manage deferred revenue accounts, consignment accounts, uncleared transactions and other occasional accounting needs.
- Review and prepare sales tax reporting and payment.
- Prepare and maintain approved vendor lists and accounts.
- Complete month-end reconciliation and closing of financials, including bank accounts, and prepare program reports for staff and board.
- Prepare and distribute monthly program activity reports.
- Prepare and review accounting systems for annual audit.
- General Human Resource duties, including maintaining employee data and files, managing bi-weekly payroll process including timesheet verification and submittal to payroll processing firm and entering payroll data into accounting software, and managing employee benefits programs, including long and short term disability and Simple IRA.
- General credit card, cash and check handling, including preparing and/or verifying bank deposits, preparing cash registers and Altru software set up, counting and verifying tills, counting petty cash, and training staff and volunteers in cash handling and sales.
- Support site rental program by invoicing and reporting site rental activity.
- Support development director by managing grant financial information and preparing reports.
- Support Finance Committee by managing financial information and preparing monthly financial reports.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training:
- Skilled in QuickBooks and other accounting software.
- Familiarity or ability to learn simple retail sales, including cash register and credit card systems.
- Practice safe work practices, including anticipating safety needs and applying risk management and reduction procedures.
- Experience implementing oral and written instructions, explaining and applying policies and procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize order of task completion in a dynamic environment.
Education and Experience
- Education and/or experience with QuickBooks online general bookkeeping and accounting with a nonprofit organization, including year-end reporting requirements.
- Experience with accounting and payroll software, as used in a nonprofit organization, including managing restricted funds.
It is understood that this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the Accounts Manager within this job, but this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email cover letter and resumes to email@example.com by April 14th.