Work with Executive Director and Membership Manager to plan and implement fundraising projects.
Essential Job Duties:
- Process donor and event donations and information in Altru by Blackbaud database.
- Help pull database reports and create constituent analytics.
- Implement member/donor mailings.
- Review system for tracking grant sources, proposals sent, grant acknowledgement letters, and reports.
- Professionally manage confidential information.
- Grant proposal writing and reporting
- Event planning and logistics
The development associate is primarily responsible for administering and implementing the Garden’s long-term development plan. This generally entails developing and implementing a growth strategy for the future, organizing outreach efforts, and managing relationships with the organization’s new and existing donors. The role necessitates working closely with other budgets, monitoring revenue and expenses, and applying for foundation and corporate grant assistance; the position also helps to develop communication and engagement strategies.
The development associate typically works in an indoor office setting, although they may also attend some outdoor outreach and fundraising events. A typical day consists of communicating with existing and prospective donors, completing and submitting grant applications, planning events, and consulting with both subordinates and supervisors to ensure that the development plan is carried out. This position approx 30 hours/week.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Training or experience in general office and development.
- Training and/or experience in fundraising/donor relationship management database software
- Experience with nonprofit organizations, including grant management and fundraising.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Chris Wiersema at email@example.com.
Position closes Monday, 7/21/14.