The Idaho Botanical Garden is a living museum dedicated to furthering science education within the scenic setting of its outdoor classroom and into the community. Our goal is to nurture a child’s fascination with the world of biology through a variety of educational presentations including school field trips, custom group tours, spring and winter programs for pre-school age children, summer botany camp, Saturday camp and adult/child craft workshops.
Pre-Registration is required for all classes.
See the links below for the different youth education programs. Please call (208) 343-8649 for additional information or to make a reservation.
- Garden on the Road— When the plants are dormant in January & February, the Garden goes on the road to visit area daycare centers and pre-schools.
- Nature Detectives— In June, pre-schools and daycare centers bring children to the Garden for hour-long science programs.
- Youth Group Tours — These tours are designed to supplement school science curricula. Custom tours are available too. These tours run Mid-April through October.
- Botany Camp — Children ages 4-9 are invited to participate in the games, crafts and nature walks of this morning science program offered in July and August.
- Family Backpacks – Would you like to explore and learn about the Idaho Botanical Garden with fun activities? Borrow a Family Backpack!