The Idaho Botanical Garden is a living museum dedicated to furthering science education within the scenic setting of its outdoor classroom and into the community. Enrich your life with a variety of continuing education classes year-round for adults and unique educational opportunities for children including field trip tours, botany camp, and pre-school programs.
- Garden on the Road— When the plants are dormant in January & February, the Garden goes on the road to visit area daycare centers and pre-schools.
- Youth Group Tours — These tours are designed to supplement school science curricula. Custom tours are available too. These tours run Mid-April through October.
- Saturday Camp — Children aged 5-9 years meet for three hour-long, lively science lessons once a month May through September.
- Nature Camp — Children ages 4-9 are invited to participate in the games, crafts and nature walks of this morning science program offered in July and August.
- Adult Education — Over 40 classes for adults are held annually, on a wide variety of topics including plant care, yoga, composting, low water-use gardening, carnivorous plants and creating cement leaves.
Help grow the Garden’s Education Programs by making a donation. Your support will help cover the cost of supplies, lesson planning, and Garden Teachers.