The Idaho Botanical Garden is a living museum dedicated to furthering science education within the scenic setting of its outdoor classroom and into the community. Enrich your life with a variety of continuing education classes year-round for adults and unique educational opportunities for children including field trip tours, botany camp, and pre-school programs.
- Garden on the Road— When the plants are dormant in January & February, the Garden goes on the road to visit area daycare centers and pre-schools.
- Nature Detectives— In June, pre-schools and daycare centers bring children to the Garden for hour-long science programs.
- Youth Group Tours — These tours are designed to supplement school science curricula. Custom tours are available too. These tours run Mid-April through October.
- Saturday Camp — Children aged 5-9 years meet for three hour-long, lively science lessons once a month May through September.
- Nature Camp — Children ages 4-9 are invited to participate in the games, crafts and nature walks of this morning science program offered in July and August.
- Adult Education — Over 40 classes for adults are held annually, on a wide variety of topics including plant care, yoga, composting, low water-use gardening, carnivorous plants and creating cement leaves.
Upcoming Education Programs…
Rebecca will help you create your own holiday wreath using a variety of evergreens. Embellish your creation with ribbon and ornaments. You’ll learn how to keep it looking fresh through the whole holiday season. Class size is limited to 15 participantsLearn More »
Join fruit tree expert Dr. Essie Fallahi to enjoy a class that addresses
general grape and fruit tree (including peach, plum and apple)
selection and production. Emphasis will be on factors to consider for
boosting fruit production. Following a lecture, the group will travel to the orchard to learn proper pruning techniques.
Learn about the exciting world of bugs in an adventurous environment! Earn a “Certificate in Bugology,” purchase edible insects, play bug bingo, participate in Insect Olympics, catch live bugs, and meet the experts. Bug Day is an entomological extravaganza, fun for the entire family.Learn More »