The Idaho Botanical Garden is a living museum dedicated to furthering science education within the scenic setting of its outdoor classroom and into the community. Enrich your life with a variety of continuing education classes year-round for adults and unique educational opportunities for children including field trip tours, botany camp, and pre-school programs.
- Garden on the Road— When the plants are dormant in January & February, the Garden goes on the road to visit area daycare centers and pre-schools.
- Nature Detectives— In June, pre-schools and daycare centers bring children to the Garden for hour-long science programs.
- Youth Group Tours — These tours are designed to supplement school science curricula. Custom tours are available too. These tours run Mid-April through October.
- Saturday Camp — Children aged 5-9 years meet for three hour-long, lively science lessons once a month May through September.
- Botany Camp — Children ages 4-9 are invited to participate in the games, crafts and nature walks of this morning science program offered in July and August.
- Adult Education — Over 40 classes for adults are held annually, on a wide variety of topics including plant care, yoga, composting, low water-use gardening, carnivorous plants and creating cement leaves.
Upcoming Education Programs…
Fall is a good time to look for birds without leaves blocking your view. Join Leanne for a stroll through the Idaho Botanical Garden searching for resident and wintering birds. Some of the birds to look for include Sharp-shinned Hawk, California Quail, Northern Flicker, Red-breasted Nuthatch and Cedar Waxwing.Learn More »
Mindfulness is focusing completely on the present moment with fresh awareness. Rooted in Buddhism, research has shown that it increases our perception of beauty and emotional regulation and decreases stress, anxiety, depression, and pain. Let the beauty of the garden be your gateway to learning this valuable skill, and leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Bring a chair or blanket, we will be sitting and walking. Class is limited to 15 participants.Learn More »
Andrea will help you create your own holiday wreath using a variety of evergreens. Embellish your creation with ribbon and ornaments. You’ll learn how to keep it looking fresh through the whole holiday season. Class size is limited to 15 participantsLearn More »